0

It Takes a Sensitive Person to Admit He's Insensitive


September 23, 2012
08:09PM


Why are people always have to be insensitive? I'm not saying that I've never been like that, but at least I try not to be one.

I hate when people are being insensitive. I mean, hello, others have feelings! Most of the times, if not always, the backlash is always negative. We can get other's feelings hurt because of our insensitivity. Sure we always have reasons why we become insensitive, but the reasons are always selfish reasons. When we are being insensitive, we are only thinking of our own good and we're disregarding how it would affect someone else's feelings.

But I'm not saying that we become insensitive and we always intend to be. In most cases, we become it and we aren't even aware we do. We only know it in the long run, either we realize it ourselves or someone has to tell us so. The second circumstance is what often happens, someone has to say we're being insensitive to know we actually are. But it's always hard to accept it though, that's why we often deny it. This is when we even know deep inside ourselves that what is being told to us is a fact.

I know you know how it feels like being told that you are insensitive. Especially that I said that we often become it subconciously. You'd feel like being accused because you think you aren't doing anything wrong. But believe me, when people say you are being insensitive, chances are they are telling the truth. But since people don't want to hurt your feelings, they just don't tell it to you. It takes a lot of sensitivity to realize you are being insensitive.

The worst thing is when someone is being insensitive and others realize it but choose to be insensitive enough not to think about how you are going to feel about it. Ok, let's give an example: I introduced a new friend to my old friend and they got along very well. And it is just alright because I was the one who introduced them to each other in the first place, so it must mean I want them to be friends too. Then the three of us always get together. But one day, I got the news that they are hanging out and it's just the two of them. I'm not greedy for company that I want them to invite me all the time they'll meet, I just think that they should at the very least considered asking me to come -- let alone inform me they're meeting up. So I felt so bad about it not because I wasn't invited but because I felt left out. Like I wasn't their friend. And the worst thing is that I was the last to know they're having the friendship of their own -- and it was a secondhand information!

It isn't a personal experience, I just put my self in the situation. Maybe you'd understand what I am trying to imply in this entry, so maybe you'd try to avoid being insensitive because in my humble opinion, it hurts other's feelings.

0 comments so far.:

Post a Comment

Siguiente Anterior Inicio